Safety and Loss Prevention Manager
Location: Western Suburbs, Detroit, MI
Relocation: Yes; within the US
This brand-new role for a Safety and Loss Prevention Manager is a fantastic job for someone who is mid-career. You will have the opportunity to build out a multi-faceted safety, physical security, and loss prevention program and become the organization’s SME in this sector. Join this leader in product innovation and advance your security career!
– Build strong relationships and establish trust with internal and external stakeholders, local law enforcement and other public sector agencies.
– Source and manage vendors such as security technology suppliers and contracted services.
– Conduct physical assessments on existing safety, security, and loss prevention programs.
– Research, develop and implement innovative programs and technology to protect proprietary assets.
Resiliency and Incident Response
– Analyze emergent risks and structure incident response plans.
– Participate in emergency management exercises and contingency planning in North America.
– Conduct physical site audits to monitor compliance with corporate policies and applicable government regulations.
Security and Technology
– Function as the SME on security technologies and market trends as they relate to industry leading safety, physical security, and loss prevention operations.
– Monitor intelligence sources and be prepared to brief senior leadership on emerging dangers or risks.
– Monitor external organization threats and design safeguards against harassment or violence.
– Serve as the SME on mitigation strategies for EHS and workplace violence incidents.
– Establish and continually audit physical security standards to protect a wide variety of assets throughout the region.
- An academic degree with a commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Pursued industry certifications relevant to security, safety and workplace violence.
- Business acumen that includes experience in the design of security processes.
- Solid knowledge of emergency response protocol and workplace threat management.
- An innovator and problem solver who implements new processes with high success.
- A skilled communicator who is approachable, an active listener, and relates well to all levels within the organization and with external entities.
- An analytical thinker who can accurately interpret data and provide trusted advice.
- Agile and can quickly navigate through dynamic, evolving situations.
- A calming presence in challenging circumstances.
- Committed to the concept of the physical and mental well-being for those around you as a significant metric for organizational success.
We know…This is a lot of information about this fantastic job! If you are interested, want to contribute, and feel you have differing safety, physical security and loss prevention skills and competencies that would be a good match, please let us know. If this isn’t your dream job, there may be another one we’re recruiting for that is. Don’t miss an opportunity to let us know about you!
SMR does not list all of our recruitment projects on our website. Login and create a profile. Register so we can contact you when we are working on additional searches. Sign Up for job announcements specific to the region of the world you are interested in.