Head of Global Safety and Security
Location: Hybrid; San Francisco Bay Area
Relocation: Yes; within the US
The Head of Global Safety and Security is an amazing opportunity to join one of the world’s best-known consumer technology firms. This is the senior-most executive charged with the organization’s global safety, security, risk, and resilience programs.
– Manage a global professional team focused on security, resilience, and safety.
– Partner with executive leadership teams.
– Foster invaluable relationships with global law enforcement and intelligence agencies.
Resiliency and Incident Response
– Develop a strategy-based approach to identification and response to critical incidents.
– Establish standards that limit exposure, liability, and reputational risk.
– Initiate foreign and domestic risk mitigation programs.
Security and Technology
– Analyze and deploy best-in-class technology solutions.
– Protect intellectual property and trade secrets through innovation.
– Manage security, risk, and resilience across a geographically diverse cyber workforce.
– Develop intelligence related to internal and external threats to organizational operations.
– Proactively model threats to people, processes, technology, and communications.
– Brief executive leadership, governance Board committees and oversight groups.
– Oversee environmental health and safety functions.
– Develop protection protocols for key executives both onsite and remote.
– Foster awareness of security related concerns through development and delivery of education initiatives.
– Develop innovative processes to protect tangible and intangible assets.
– Manage cross-functional teams with a focus on physical security.
– Implement efficiency in global site security programs.
– Ensure global compliance with resilience, privacy, data protection and EH&S.
- An academic degree with a commitment to professional development for direct reports, others, and yourself.
- Operational expertise derived from global experience in public or private sector employment, preferably with experience in the technology sector.
- Strong functional and technical skills that embrace innovative technology to achieve goals with a high level of accomplishment.
- Leadership composure and a settling influence during crisis.
- An experienced director with strong command skills who enjoys leading.
- An innovative creator skilled at development and management of advanced solutions based on critical analysis.
- Strategically agile with sound situational perspective.
- A complex decision maker and problem solver who is viewed as an ethical, highly trusted source of advice and solutions.
- Action oriented with strong planning and process management skills and the ability to set goals and organize resources to achieve objectives efficiently and effectively.
- Organizationally and politically savvy with the knowledge of how to drive consensus both formally and informally despite conflicting demands.
- A clear communicator who ensures information is timely, correct and leads to accurate decisions.
- Effective influencer in a variety of presentation settings
- A good judge of people with an understanding of the impact and sensitivity of security issues.
- An active listener with strong conflict management skills who works to find common ground and enact cooperation.
- An approachable, inspiring leader who builds rapport and communicates a compelling, inspired vision.
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations of internal and external customers while earning their trust and respect.
- Motivated to create an inclusive work environment in which people succeed and do their best work.
We know…This is a lot of information about this fantastic job! If you are interested, want to contribute, and feel you have differing security skills and competencies that would be a good match, please let us know. If this isn’t your dream job, there may be another one we’re recruiting for that is. Don’t miss an opportunity to let us know about you!
SMR does not list all of our recruitment projects on our website. Login and create a profile. Register so we can contact you when we are working on additional searches. Sign Up for job announcements specific to the region of the world you are interested in.