Senior Regional Security Manager
Location: Metro Detroit, USA
Relocation: Yes; within the US
The Senior Regional Security Manager will manage the North American security and safety program for an inspiring global brand. This is a remarkable opportunity to build your career with an industry leader.
– Stewardship of a professional corporate security team chartered with implementation of all security programs and processes across North America.
– Cultivate and advance beneficial relationships with internal and external stakeholders including senior corporate leaders and public sector agencies.
– Research, contract, and manage vendors such as security technology suppliers and contracted guarding services.
– Design KPIs and success metrics for programs that protect proprietary assets.
– Implement mechanisms for protection of intellectual property, trade secrets and proprietary assets.
Resiliency and Incident Response
– Continuously analyze risks and structure comprehensive incident response plans.
– Drive emergency management and contingency planning for corporate and remote locations.
– Conduct physical site audits to monitor compliance with corporate policies.
Security and Technology
– Evaluate emerging security technologies in conjunction with market trends as they relate to sound corporate security operations.
– Develop intelligence and brief executive leadership on emerging dangers or risks.
– Monitor external organization threats and design safeguards against harassment or violence.
– Oversee executive services such as protection, travel planning and event security.
– Serve as the SME on mitigation strategies for EHS and workplace violence incidents.
– Develop investigative protocols for a wide variety of investigations.
– Conduct or guide complex investigations.
– Establish physical security standards to protect corporate assets throughout the region.
– Develop key performance indicators and metrics for success.
– Ensure security policies and processes follow applicable government security guidance.
– Monitor compliance with executive legislation.
- An academic degree and are committed to ongoing professional development for yourself and your team.
- Pursued industry certifications relevant to occupational safety, workplace violence and crime prevention through environmental design.
- Leadership ability gained from oversight of complex, resilient corporate security programs.
- Business acumen with the knowledge of how strategies and metrics work.
- Client-driven with dedication to meeting the expectations of internal and external customers.
- An innovation manager who embraces creative ideas and concepts and implements them with high success.
- A team builder who is a good judge of talent, manages compassionately and effectively, and defines success in terms of the whole team.
- An effective communicator who is approachable, an active listener, and relates well to all levels within the organization.
- Cool under pressure, calm at navigating the unexpected and a voice of reason in stressful circumstances.
- A diplomat who is Influential in developing consensus on creative solutions while managing group process.
- A critical thinker who approaches decision making through a combination of analysis, knowledge, experience, and judgment.
We know…This is a lot of information about this fantastic job! If you are interested, want to contribute, and feel you have differing security and safety skills and competencies that would be a good match, please let us know. If this isn’t your dream job, there may be another one we’re recruiting for that is. Don’t miss an opportunity to let us know about you!
SMR does not list all of our recruitment projects on our website. Login and create a profile. Register so we can contact you when we are working on additional searches. Sign Up for job announcements specific to the region of the world you are interested in.